Tuesday, February 6, 2018

Crafter's Companion Gemini Jr. First Card - YEA!


I recently invested in a Gemini Junior die-cutting and embossing machine by Crafter's Companion because my previously badly broken wrist can get very achy after much cranking of the other machines I own. I wanted an electronic machine but most were too big for the space I have in my crafting room. The Gemini Jr. fits right next to me and I am loving how it cuts and embosses beautifully every time. In the HSN package special were many gorgeous dies and stamps and embossing folders that we received with the machine. My favorite of all the goodies I received is the 3D Regency Swirls Embossing Folder I used on this card. I have been wanting to try the eclipse technique with an embossing folder and so I pulled out my new alphabet dies from Kat Scrappiness and die cut YEA out of a dark brown piece of cardstock. Then I ran the whole piece including the die cut letters through my Gemini Jr. with the Regency Swirls embossing folder. I sponged on some Nuvo Indian Gold Embellishment Mousse with a Ranger sponging tool to highlight the pretty swirls. I layered the piece on a piece of Gold Touch Mirri Sparkle cardstock from The Paper Cut and then onto a dark brown cardbase. I raised the cut out YEA on black foam with an adhesive back and then glued on the embossed and sponged YEA to complete the cardfront. I love how it turned out! Here is a look at the inside of the card:

The stamps on the inside of this card are also from Crafter's Companion and the set is called "Spread Your Wings". It was included in the Gemini Jr. package as sold recently on HSN. 

I know many people are finding the larger Gemini on clearance but that would not  fit in my room. I am very happy with my Crafter's Companion Gemini Jr. and so glad I now have it next to me at all times in my craft room.

4 comments:

Crystal Schneider said...

Your card looks amazing!!

Polka Dot Orchard said...

That is way cool and very pretty.

Verna Angerhofer said...

So beautiful. I love all that texture. I might have to get a more automatic type in the future for my die cutting and embossing needs too.

kiwimeskreations said...

What a stunning card Karen - love the embossing folder you have used, and the muted gold throughout
Blessings
Maxine