Thursday, August 24, 2017

Hello Gorgeous Flamingo Card with NBUS

I finally got a chance to play with some of my NBUS (never before used schtuff) that was piled on my bed and I made a couple cards I will be sharing this week on my blog. I featured the Card Layering Die sets from Jaded Blossom, Distress Oxide Inks and the Zen Waves background stamp from Technique Junkies in my 1st Enabler Alert video on YouTube and here is the first card I made with them. I stamped the Zen Waves stamp with two colors of blue distress oxide inks (Salty Ocean and Broken China) in my Tim Holtz Stamp Platform (in case I didn't get a perfect impression the first time- and I didn't, so this tool is a must especially for large background stamps.) I die cut the perfect stitched triangles with the Card Layers Die One from Jaded Blossom and sponged some blue distress ink around the edges. I also used my Tonic Studios Tim Holtz Stamp Platform to stamp the flamingo from Hero Arts in three shades of pink inks and then cut it out with the matching Hero Arts Flamingo Frame Cut die. I attached him with mounting tape to raise. The "hello gorgeous" stamp is from the same Hero Arts Color Layering Flamingo stamp set. I added some sticker gems to the front. Here is another look and a peak at the inside of the card:



I die cut a stitched tag with the Card Layer Dies One from Jaded Blossom out of the Technique Junkies Zen Waves background and stamped another fabulous sentiment from the Hero Arts flamingo set. 

4 comments:

Craftychris said...

So gorgeous! Fab background for the wonderful Flamingo! xxx

Fikreta said...

gorgeous card!
love this flamingo!

Brenda in IN said...

I love the coloring on the flamingo and that background is very unique. Cute idea to cut the banner from the same and use inside.

Verna Angerhofer said...

Great background for your flamingo. Nice designed card.