Tuesday, July 4, 2017

Happy 4th of July!



I have a quick card to share today on our nation's birthday. I received a pretty stars and stripes napkin from a friend and I thought it would be perfect for a 4th of July card. I was hoping my laminator would be hot enough to melt the cling wrap and hold the napkin in place, but it was not. (I had heard Mincs do work for this technique, so tried my less expensive laminator, but with no success.) So I pulled out my old iron, heated it up on dry high setting and ironed the napkin onto a piece of cardstock using cling wrap and a couple pieces of scrap thin paper. I die cut Happy 4th using Tonic Studios Windsor Numerals, Attraction Lower Case Scrip and Birthday Script dies. I die cut two gold stars with a Tim Holtz Sizzix Dimensional Stars die set. The stars pop up with great dimension as shown here:



I am entering this in the Red, White and Blue challenge at Monday Simon Says Stamp and the Anything Goes challenge at Wednesday Simon Says Stamp.


 Thanks for helping me #spread the joy of creativity!

 

4 comments:

kiwimeskreations said...

Great use of the napkin Karen, and I must say those stars are stunning!
Blessings
Maxine

Caryn said...

This is such a great 4th July card. Love the design x.
Thanks for joining in at Simon Says Stamp ANYTHING GOES Wednesday Challenge.
Hugs,
Caryn xxx

Verna Angerhofer said...

Fantastic napkin designed card. Perfect for the Fourth celebration!

Meihsia Liu said...

Your card is fantastic! Love the beautiful stars. Thank you so much for sharing with us at Simon Says Stamp Monday Challenge. :)