Monday, April 3, 2017

You're My Cup of Tea


I spied an issue of Simply Cards and Papercraft (from the UK) at Jo-Anns recently that had an awesome set of tea stamps and a cute teacup die included, so of course it had to come home with me. Not only do you get a magazine full of great ideas, you get the teacup die and stamp set included, so it was too good of a deal to pass up. I showed some friends and they rushed over to buy it too. I started this card with a sketch that was the challenge at my local stamp club this month. I cut three strips of pastel colored cardstock and stamped the teabag and hearts in coordinating colors of the new Distress Oxide inks. I stamped the teapot on a pretty floral dp and cut it out. I stamped the sentiment (from the same free set) and colored the flowers. Here is a peak at the inside of the card where I used the teacup die:


3 comments:

Craftychris said...

This is gorgeous! I love the teapot die and the paper you used for it. The stamped different colour panels are so cool too! xxx

kiwimeskreations said...

What a fabulous card Karen - and a great buy!!
Blessings
Maxine

Verna Angerhofer said...

Wonderful card and a great find in a magazine as well that has little extras included. Sure wish I could find something like that around here.