Sunday, March 12, 2017

Coffee Lover Happy Birthday Pop-up Card


I have been having so much fun designing interactive cards using dies from Karen Burniston! I have also been playing with all the new stamps I have purchased lately and this card is a combination of both new dies and new stamps. On the front is a coffee cup stamped and paper pieced using a new stamp called Flower Tea Cup from Art Gone Wild. I created a kraft top folding card base and stenciled coffee beans using a stencil also from Karen Burniston through Elizabeth Crafts. I die cut "wishing you a" from Memory Box and dotted the i's with small blue candy dots. With all the cards I make using Karen Burniston's dies, the best part is the inside:
I love the Cup Pop Up Stand die I borrowed from a friend. The cup pops up when the card is opened. I used the matching stencil to add some pretty color to the coffee cup and plate, and also die cut a silver spoon and some steam. I added a Happy Birthday wish die cut with a Memory Box die.

I am entering this card in the "Make your own Background" challenge at Simon Says Stamp Monday Challenge, and the "For a Special Lady" challenge at Simon Says Stamp Wednesday Challenge.

4 comments:

Barbara said...

Wonderful use of this die! love the coffee background and kraft color! Gorgeous card! Thanks for joining us this week on Simon Says Stamp Monday Challenge Blog! Barbara

Verna Angerhofer said...

Wonderful coffee lover's designed card. Just as lovely inside too.

Celeste Goff said...

Great card Karen!!!

Lin said...

How lovely, Karen, and such a surprise inside, too! Thanks for playing along with us at the Simon Says Stamp Wednesday challenge!