Saturday, February 25, 2017

Thinking of You Foiled Card


At a recent play date with some friends, I learned that gorgeous foils like those from Deco Foil by Therm-o-web can be attached with traditional embossing pastes many of us have from Dreamweaver that we used with our brass stencils! I have several colors of Dreamweaver Embossing Paste that I haven't used in a very long time. We applied the embossing paste through a raindrop stencil from Dreamweavers and then let it dry. We placed the piece on an electric griddle set at 250 degrees to help that drying process go faster. When it was dry, we put a piece of Deco Foil Lapis Watercolor foil on top of the piece and ran it through a heated laminator. I like all the colors of Deco Foil, but especially love the new mixed colors of the watercolor choices that just were released! Here is a close up look of the texture and shine of those foiled raindrops:



I also added texture to the die cut umbrella (from My Favorite Things Die-namics) by embossing tiny flowers with a Cuttlebug embossing folder and attaching the umbrella with mounting tape to raise it. I die cut a small stitched label from My Creative Time and stamped "Thinking of You" from Endless Creations. Last week I needed three "thinking of you" cards and am finding it is the type of card I use the most.

10 comments:

Robin said...

This looks so fabulous! I love how the foil raindrops look! I would love to be able to do something like this...maybe someday (don't have the equipment). Hugs, Robin

Darlene said...

WOW! This is fabulous Karen! You've achieved awesome dimension with your foils. Beautiful and perfect for our challenge theme! Thanks so much for playing in our ‘Think Spring’ challenge at Dies R Us! Please come back again soon!

Darlene (DRU Blog Leader)
DIES R US CHALLENGE BLOG
DAR’S CRAFTY CREATIONS Please come for a visit.

Kathy Krug said...

Wow, karen. Thanks for sharing this technique. Love the colors you got for the rain. Thanks for joining us at Dies R US Challenge Blog. Hope you will join us in future challenges.
Kathy
DRU DT

Annie W said...

Oh! WOW Karen! I just love this card!! What a great tip n trick!! Thanks so much for sharing! Good Luck on your challenges!

Jamie Martin said...

Wonderful card, love how you used the Dreamweaver Stencil!!

Diane said...

Beautifully created and such pretty colors! Thank you for joining our challenge at Dies R Us!
Diane DRU DT

Celeste Goff said...

What a fun card Karen! I love the embossing on the umbrella and the great metallic foil on the raindrops!

dyeandpigment said...

Thanks for the great technique Karen. I will definitely give this a whirl.

Verna Angerhofer said...

This awesome. A fun way to use the foiling, stencils and paste to create a wonderful background for the umbrella die.

Gayatri said...

Wow! Beautiful card. Love all the details. Thanks for playing along Simon Says Stamp Anything Goes Challenge. Gayatri xx