Monday, February 13, 2017

Park Bench with Metallic Tissue Background and Die-Version's Dies



Happy Monday everyone! It's my turn to post a card on Die-Version's blog and mine, and I am sharing a card I made with the brand new Bench die from Die-Versions and a beautiful background technique I learned recently. To make the background, I sprinkled blue and green Brusho Coloured Crystals on tissue paper and spritzed them with water. The tissue paper has to dry completely which takes several hours. Then I crumbled it up several times so it was very wrinkled and applied Versamark to the top of the wrinkles. I applied silver embossing powder to the Versamark and heat set it. The result is this beautiful background. I die cut Die-Version’s bench out of black cardstock and white fun foam, glued them together and then on the card for a CAS card that can be used for any purpose. Here is a close up of the pretty background:


**Remember you can get a 15% discount on any of Die-Version’s great dies by simply using my discount code karen15 when you check out at the Die Versions website unless the dies are already on sale.

6 comments:

designbydonna said...

Gorgeous background. Something serene about a lone park bench.

kiwimeskreations said...

Love the combination of green and blue and then the added silver on this stunning card Karen
Blessings
Maxine

Ros Crawford said...

Hello there ...Thank you so much for taking the time to leave me a comment ... Very much appreciated! Your card is so beautiful ... what an amazing BG! Have a wonderful Valentine's day!

Verna Angerhofer said...

Fabulous background and a nice park bench die.

MaryH said...

What a super interesting & beautiful background. Saw your link over at Maxine's, where she did the technique on a gorgeous card, and came over to enjoy this fascinating background. This is a new technique to me, and one I shall certainly try! TFS & have a great day.

Loll said...

Karen, I really love this technique of heat embossing over scrunched and creased tissue paper. I would like to ask you a few questions. Would you mind emailing me at stampingwithloll@gmail.com?? Thanks. Loll :)