Wednesday, October 12, 2016

Trying New Colors for Double Embossing Article


This time of year I tend to make fall or Christmas cards but when I am working on an article, anything I create has to be non-seasonal unless I want to wait a year to see it published. If you follow me, you know I fell in love with this fun double embossed technique and have made many cards with it and sold an article on the technique in cooperation with Melissa who first shared a card with it here.  I played with some different colors of Staz-on and embossing powders and some floral embossing folders to design these two cards. 

I used blue and black Staz-on, light and dark purple and blue embossing powders, Sizzix and We R Memory Keepers embossing folders and Tonic Studios sentiment dies. The butterfly was created with a Martha Stewart punch. The article will be published in June of next year as the deadlines are set that much in advance of publication.

6 comments:

designbydonna said...

Very pretty Karen. I like the double layer. Congrats on getting published.

Krisha said...

Being published is such a great feeling and an honor....congrats!!
Love the new colors you tried with the double embossing.

Jeanne H said...

Wonder card, Karen. I'm not familiar with double embossing, so will look for your article and Melissa.

kiwimeskreations said...

Love those gorgeous colours and textures Karen!! What a fabulous technique
Blessings
Maxine

Verna Angerhofer said...

So lovely!

Craftychris said...

Fabulous backgrounds, love them! xxx