Saturday, March 26, 2016

Tonic Studios Chelsea Handbags


I have been having so much fun lately playing with my Tonic Studio dies and these are the first Chelsea handbags that I made. This Girls Night Out Chelsea Shoulder Bag die makes a perfect little gift or table decoration. It is big enough to easily hold a gift card, cash gift or small goodie, and any big or little girl would love it! This is what the backs of the two Chelsea handbags look like:




The first Chelsea bag I made I die cut out of a watercolor sheet of paper I had sprinkled with Magenta Nuance colored powders and spritzed with water. The colors of Nuance I used were purple, turquoise, yellow, raspberry and violet. After it dried, I die cut two main purse pieces and one lacy overlay piece. I embossed half the purse in a We R Memory Keepers embossing folder and then put the purse together. I added a Plush Peony flower (from the Tonic die of the same name) and a gem, and closed the purse with a velcro circle.


My second Chelsea purse was cut out of aqua blue and white cardstock. I again embossed half and attached more of the beautiful lacy overlay pieces. I created a tissue flower out of the Plush Peony dies and tinged the edges with aqua blue ink. I added my favorite white Nuvo Crystal Drops and closed the purse with another velcro circle.

**If you have time this holiday weekend, you need to check out the Weekender Specials on new Tonic Studios dies at Create and Craft. If you watch Jodie demo these dies on the website or on TV, you will see why my mouth is just watering wanting all of the new Sew Pretty Corner and Strip dies! And all the layered dies too! I learn so much from Jodie's demos each time I watch her! Check it out if you can!**

I am entering these projects in the Anything Goes challenge at Julia Spiri and Little Miss Muffet.


8 comments:

JD/ Jill said...

These are adorable! So very nicely made.

Alice (scrAPpamondo) said...

Oh, wow wow!!! Love these bags!! Expecially the watercoloured with these rainbow colours!! Fabulous makes, so cool and different!! Any detail is a true delight!

kiwimeskreations said...

Oh how sweet are these - gorgeous works of art Karen
Blessings
Maxine

Cara said...

Love the bag made with the watercolour paper, just fab. Cara x

Verna Angerhofer said...

Cute handbag projects. Very clever designs.

Anonymous said...

love these bags, thanks for joining us at Julia Spiri

Unknown said...

Lovely bags so pretty love the watercolour paper. Thank you for joining us at Julia Spiri. Helen DT

Annemi said...

So beautiful bags. Thanks for joining us at Julia Spiri challengeblog. DT Ann-Marie xx