Friday, September 4, 2015

Colorful Bisters Birthday Card


I found this Navajo pottery stamp in a rummage sale earlier this year and knew I had to bring it home to make a card for my sister because it reminds me of her second home in Arizona. I created a colorful background with my Bister powders spritzed with a gold spray on watercolor paper. Then I stamped and paper pieced the clay pots with light colored dps. The sentiment from Penny Black was heat embossed on before the Bisters were applied. I love to include the BBCB color on the insides of my cards, and this is how the inside of the card looked with another Penny Black birthday sentiment:

I am entering this card in the colorful challenge at Simon Says Stamp and the sentiment challenge at Creative Moments.

6 comments:

Shelly Schmidt said...

I love this beautiful card! The background is wonderful & love your thrifty vase image find!

kiwimeskreations said...

What a pretty and colourful card Karen - and I love those pots and the way you have paper pieced them.
Blessings
Maxine

Verna Angerhofer said...

Great card and love the sentiments.

Glittered Paws said...

So far I think this is my favorite colorblister card that you have done. The vases are perfect for this card.

Kris Black said...

I have a question as to what weight watercolor paper you are using for your Bister cards - 90lb or the heavy weight 300lb thick stuff. You can reply back in your comment list or send me an email at kriskreates@gmail.com Thanks Karen for your great articles. I have the Bisters and I'm looking forward to playing with them.

jenn shurkus said...

awesome card with an awesome background! i love how you put a little strip of it on the inside! thank you for playing along with us at simon says stamp wednesday challenge!!