Monday, May 25, 2015

Stenciled Thank You Card


I am sharing one more stencil card today because the challenge at Simon Says Stamp this week is "Stencil It!" SSS is my favorite challenge to enter and one of these weeks I am going to be the lucky winner! I make this card with the stencil technique taught here by Jennifer McGuire.  I decided to try it with black and white ink on grey cardstock. I used a stencil from TCW and to fill in all the openings with first white pigment ink and then black, took a long long time. But I like how it turned out. I cut two "thanks" with a die from Lil' Inker and offset the white on the black. I layered the whole piece onto a white cardbase for a fun thank you card.

Besides the challenge at Simon Says Stamp, I am also entering this card into the anything goes challenge at 613 Avenue Create (another favorite of mine.)

5 comments:

JJ said...

Beautiful Karen, looks like a beautiful night sky line.

Have a great day

Love & hugs

Jacquie J xxx
http://jewelscardcraft.blogspot.co.uk/

Virginia L. said...

You have used the technique so fabulously, Karen! Well done on this one. The background is really COOL! I hope that you continue to play and hope you will be one of the lucky winners (you never know, right?). Thanks so much for playing Simon Says Stamp Wednesday “Stencil It” Challenge!

kiwimeskreations said...

Love the way you have used the techinque on this Karen - a stunning result.
Blessings
Maxine

Verna Angerhofer said...

Great looking card and hope it is a winner for you too!

Em Louise Fairley said...

Karen this is gorgeous! Thanks for joining us at 613 Avenue Create and I hope you'll join us again soon.

Hugs,
Em AKA Creative Em
613 Avenue Create DT