Thursday, April 9, 2015

Wrapping Up a Wedding Card


I just discovered a new favorite technique and a new stamp company with some gorgeous stamps I just love. So Suzy Stamps has many beautiful stamps including the bride and groom and "Just Married" stamps on this card as well as many funny stamps. I made the background with a favorite new technique using cling wrap, Brusho Crystal Colours and glossy paper. I sprinkled blue Brushos on a piece of crinkled cling wrap, spritzed it with pearl glimmer mist and put a piece of glossy paper down into the cling wrap mess. I folded up the sides of the cling wrap and let the piece sit about 10 minutes.  When I removed the cling wrap, this marvelous background is formed. Here is a link to the video where I learned this technique. I dried the piece with a heat gun and stamped the bride, groom and just married stamps from So Suzy Stamps. I added some pearls for a necklace and to highlight the stamps.

I am entering this card in the Anything Goes challenges at Papertake Weekly and Loves Rubberstamps.

9 comments:

Desire Fourie said...

Karen this is so beautifully vibrant with the blues and the touches of pearls just adds that perfect touch of elegance.
Hugs
Desíre
{Doing Life – my personal blog}

Unknown said...

Oh this turned out absolutely lovely!!! So glad you liked the stamps and congratulations on your published card feature!!! Way to go!

Craftychris said...

Absolutely fabulous card! That background is awesome - I will check out the video and give it a go - thank you for the link! xxx

Andree said...

This is a wonderful card Karen. The stamps are fantastic and I love the gorgeous background you've created. Following you now too x

Verna Angerhofer said...

Great card and I love those stamps you used.

Donna said...

What an awesome technique, and beautiful card!

Jacee said...

I love this Karen, how fabulous!
hugs Jacee
Simply Paper Card Design

Unknown said...

Just love how you created this background. Those stamps are just lovely and the pearls are the perfect touch! Thanks for joining us this week at Loves Rubberstamps!

Marcy said...

Very cool and unique card! Thanks so much for joining our challenge this week over at Loves Rubberstamps!