Tuesday, April 21, 2015

Kitchen Tile Happy Card

I received a natural wool sea sponge as a gift recently and decided to play with it and my Bister powders and this card is the result. I am calling it my Kitchen Tile card because the look reminds me of a a kitchen counter top or floor. I created 3 puddles of water on my craft mat and mixed in brown, black and natural Bisters colored crystals, then dabbed the colors onto a glossy sheet with my sea sponge until I was happy with the look. I die cut the new Memory Box circles die and the Happy (My Creative Time) in black and attached. I stamped the rest of the sentiment (also from My Creative Time) and layered onto a black card base. The result was a CAS masculine happy card that I am going to share in classes soon.

I am entering this card in the Anything Goes challenges at 613 Avenue Create and Scribble and Scrap.

5 comments:

JJ said...

Hi Karen,

Beautiful creation, love the background, will have to try and have a go at that if you don't mind?

Have a great evening

Love & Hugs

Jacquie J xxx
http://jewelscardcraft.blogspot.co.uk/

Judy Woodland said...

LOVE this Karen. I am definitely trying this with the sponges, never thought about using other tools with my Brushos!!! Awesome card!!

Verna Angerhofer said...

I love the sponged look. Another way to use those powders and get a fantastic look. And, your card is super wonderful!

kiwimeskreations said...

What a great card - love how you have created the background, and the simple black embellishments and stamping is perfect.
Blessings
Maxine

Alyx said...

Fabulous card. Thank you for joining us over at the Scribble and Scrap Challenge. Good luck.
xx