Thursday, April 23, 2015

Best Wishes with Lots of Layers


The challenge this month at Virginia's View is to use lots of layers and dimension on our cards and I think this card qualifies as it has 7 layers. The white top folding card base is stamped in grey with a text background stamp from Hero Arts and layered onto a black piece. I cut 5 layers of buildings with a die from My Favorite Things in black, grey and white and attached them to a black strip. I added the Best Wishes sentiment cut in grey with a Penny Black die.

I am also entering this card in the Anything Goes challenge at PINspirational Challenge. I was inspired by a card on Pinterest to make this card, but can't find it now to link to it.

9 comments:

Gerrina said...

Super layers! Think it is a beautiful card. Love the scribbel on the background too...

Jennifer Scull said...

what a beautiful way to use this die! so striking! :)

hope you have a great day!

Jacee said...

How lovely Karen, fabulous design!
hugs Jacee
Simply Paper Card Design

Liz said...

Beautiful card. It looks striking in black, white and grey and I love the text stamping. xx

Asmah Zainal Abidin said...

That is such a beautiful skyline Kareb. Love the b&w. Thank you for dropping by my blog and b my new follower. I'm following you too :-)
Hugs xx
Asmah

Charlene said...

Such a gorgeous card Karen. Love that skyline that you made. Are those die cuts or is it a cutting file? Thank you so much for your kind words on my blog and I am the newest member of your blog :)

Charlene

Verna Angerhofer said...

Beautiful in the black and white and that is a great dimensional city scape you created.
467

Deanne Saunders said...

Awesome card!!! Thanks so much for participating in our PINSPIRATIONAL challenge!! Hope to see you again for our next challenge!!
~DEANNE~
A Little Bit O' Paper

Clickersister said...

Really nice card! Thanks for joining us at {PIN}spirational Challenges!