Friday, March 20, 2015

Interactive LOL Accident Card from Crackerbox Palace


It's Crackerbox Palace Friday and today I am sharing a funny card I made with some great stamps from Crackerbox Palace. I think this card would put a smile on the face of a friend or relative after they had an accident or injury. I found this tutorial on how to make an interactive card that pulls out to reveal a hidden message. It is not hard to make, but rather than go into all the details in this blogpost, click on the link if you want to know how to make a card like this.

Did you know many of Crackerbox Palace’s stamps can be purchased as digital stamps if you prefer that form over cling foam, wood or rubber? I usually choose cling foam mounted and I had the cute puppy on cling, but did not have the other two sentiment stamps. Getting digital stamps allows you to change the size of the stamp and I printed the “Heard you had an accident” on a piece of plaid dp larger than the original size.


The pull tab pulls out to reveal the lol punch line which was printed smaller than the original stamp. I stamped the cute puppy twice on kraft paper, cut out the head and the whole dog, and attached the head with pop dots for dimension. He was attached to the pull tab and moves to reveal the funny message.


**As a present to you from Crackerbox Palace, all the  stamps  on this card will be 20% OFF for one week! What a deal! **

I am entering this card in the Anything Goes challenges at Wonderful Wednesday and Scrapper’s Delight, and the touch of metal challenge at Love's Rubberstamps (brad is metal.)

14 comments:

Cazzy said...

That is very witty Karen, I like it.

Deepti said...

That is awesome! So fun :)

Tanja said...

the pull tab is such a great interactive element - love the colors you used

cheryl said...

oh this is fab love it xxx

Blossom Cards said...

lovely card thanks for commenting on my site and I have just joined yours happy crafting to you

Creations by Shirl said...

love the cuteness of the slider...Will have to try it out!

Carole Z said...

I love making slider cards and this is so cute!hugs Carole Z X

Denice said...

This is just the cutest card....love the pull tab! Thanks for becoming a folower of my blog...I'm your newest follower! :D

Feel free to join the "Touch of Metal" challenge at Loves Rubberstamps....your brad is metal! http://www.lovesrubberstampschallenges.com/2015/03/challenge-143-touch-of-metal.html

Verna Angerhofer said...

So cute and darling and sure to bring someone who is hurting a bit of cheer!

Unknown said...

This is so cute! I just love the sentiments and the slider is a awesome idea! Thanks for joining us this week at Loves Rubberstamps! Rebecca

Marcy said...

Adorable card and love the slider for the sentiment! Thanks for joining our Loves Rubberstamps challenge this week!

kiwimeskreations said...

Fabulous card Kaern - thanks for the smile.
Blessings
Maxine

Danielle Vincent said...

OMGosh this is just the funnest card!! I'm still giggling over that sentiment. Love the interactive part. Thanks so much for joining us at Kraftin' Kimmie for Wonderful Wednesday. Hope to see you again in the new challenge too!

Holly AKA KopyKat said...

OMGosh I love your slider card, this is so fabulous! Love the sentiment. I had to make one of my own for a future blog hop.