Saturday, February 7, 2015

For the Boys at Send a Smile 4 Kids!


It’s Saturday and time for another fun challenge at Send a Smile 4 Kids! This time our challenge is For the Boys! Create and link any card for a boy and you could win one of our great prizes. Cards for boys –especially the older boys- is the kind of card we receive the least here at SAS4Kids, so we are using this challenge to remind you to keep boys in mind when designing your cards to donate. Donating your card is not a requirement to enter our challenge, but our boys (and girls) in the 13 hospitals we currently serve would sure love it if you did!

We have three very generous sponsors for this challenge: Stitchy Bear Digital Outlet is giving their winner a $10 gift certificate!  Fred She Said is giving their randomly picked winner a $10 gift certificate!  And Squigglefly’s winner gets 3 digis of their choice! TEAM S.A.S will also be choosing their favorite cards for our top three and the winners will receive a blog badge and an opportunity to be a guest design team member on a future challenge.

I love the "Bumpy Road" silhouette digital stamp from Stitchy Stamps of Stitchy Bear Digital Outlet on the card above! I simply printed him on some striped dp, and added the "Be" stamp and "Awesome" die cut from Studio Calico. Then I attached the whole front to a black card base.

I have been seeing many Etch-a-Sketch cards in Pinterest land lately and thought the cute robot from Squigglefly would be perfect for one. I am wondering, though, do today's kids even know what an Etch-a-Sketch is? Not sure if they are even sold anymore, but I sure remember them. I printed the cute robot on grey cardstock and cut it out with rounded corners. I attached to a red card base also with rounded corners and added the "knobs" popped up on pop dots.

I am entering these cards in the Masculine challenge at Cuttin' and Stampin' , the Design Team Showcase and the Anything Goes challenge at Love's Rubberstamps.

16 comments:

Brenda said...

Oh my goodness, that "be awesome" card is fabulous Karen! Love it!! I also love the etch-a-sketch card, how fun is that?! Yes, they still do sell the etch-a-sketch, I bought one to keep at my house for the grandkids. lol It doesn't get played with as much as some other things, but it does get played with. Hugs, Brenda

Fabiola said...

oh! c'est vraiment sympa, biz

Christine said...

Love your skateboarding card. Any teen would enjoy something that is so obviously made for them.

I used to find the etch-a-sketch so frustrating. My brother (now an engineer) used to love making elaborate pictures with it and I could only make the most basic patterns because the l could never wrap my head around not being able to have curves.

Etch-a-sketches are still sold but they are often now in different colours or whatever is the latest movie theme. The timeless red is not as common.

Holly AKA KopyKat said...

This is so fabulous, I love it.

Denice said...

A wonderful skater silouete....makes for a great card!Thanks for playing along with us this week at Loves Rubberstamps, good luck.

kiwimeskreations said...

Fabulous boys cards Karen - the silhouette card is a stunner! Yes, I remember the etch-a-sketch too!
Blessings
Maxine

Kim Heggins said...

Adorable card and I love the Etch a Sketch, so much fun and just so sweet. Need to head to Pinterest to see more.

Susan Renshaw said...

Thanks for following me! I have just become your newest follower!!

Love your cards -had a look at a few of your posts! Hope you will join in my blog candy...

http://susanrenshaw0404.blogspot.co.uk/2015/01/susans-blogversary-candy_29.html

Vicky Briggs said...

The skateboard card is wonderful, what boy wouldn't like that!
I loved the Etch-A-Sketch and the image you picked is perfect.
Vicky Briggs

Petra Swart said...

Making cards for teenage boys are sometimes difficult hey, but you have totally rocked it with your two lovely boyish cards, Karen!!! Love that awesome skaterboy and the cute robot!!!
Have a great afternoon!!!

Verna Angerhofer said...

Both your cards are awesome. Boys will love them.

Dangina Martinez said...

This is so awesome! Love how you did this! Thank You so much for playing along with us at Loves Rubber Stamps this time around! Hope to see you again :)
Tons of Hugs, Dangina

Unknown said...

Very cute card! Thanks for joining the Cuttin and Stampin challenge.

Lydia said...

Oh my gosh this is just too cute! Thanks for joining us at Loves Rubberstamps.

Vickie Y said...

What a fun, creative card! I sure remember the etch a sketch! Thank you for sharing with us at Cuttin and Stampin Challenge.

Indy's Designs said...

These are such fun masculine cards! So glad you were inspired by our masculine theme challenge at Cuttin' and Stampin!
Hugs, Debbie, DT