Monday, December 15, 2014

Present Card with NBUS for Classes

I saw a present card on Pinterest recently and decided to try making one for the classes I teach in my home. Here is the blogpost with the measurements I used.  For the front of the present, I cut a beautiful snowflake using my new die from Simon Says Stamp out of the navy, then popped in a white snowflake into the negative space. I also put back in the small navy pieces for the inlaid die look. The top of the present has an embossed piece (Sizzix embossing folder), a white ribbon that I colored with blue dye ink and a sparkly bow I cut out with my new Clearly Besotted die. When the front was done, I sprayed it with silver Glitter Dust from thermoweb. This is the best glitter spray I have ever tried!

The top part of the present pulls up and this is what is attached in the inside. I just got a beautiful script Merry Christmas from Fun Stampers Journey and I embossed it with sparkly blue embossing powder from Stampamania (another recent discovery and the best sparkly embossing powder I have ever used.) Still working on my pile of NBUS (never before used schtuff) before I put them away, especially the holiday schtuff:) But since I make Christmas cards all year, if I don't get done, I will play into the new year.

I am entering this card in the Anything Goes challenges at Treasured Times and Vandicrafts Artistry (and the present is square.)

11 comments:

Marnie said...

Beautiful projects Karen. Thank you so much for participating in the Treasured Times Challenge.

KristyLee said...

Karen,
I totally love your cards, they are beautiful! I hope you come and share them on my Facebook group here:
https://www.facebook.com/groups/kristysbloominjourney/

Thanks, and Peace,
Kristy

KristyLee said...

Karen,
I wanted to let you know that I am following you by email, and also following by where the little photos are. I have also added your Karen button to my Blog:
http://kristybloominjourney.wordpress.com/
there is my blog addy if you would like to follow me and see your badge. Going to try to figure out the "Bloglovin'" thing too.
Peace,
Kristy

Anonymous said...

Very nice Karen, a clever idea!

joy said...

Really nice, Karen! It would be so much fun to take a class from you!

kiwimeskreations said...

Karen this is a fun and absolutely beautiful way to may a gift card.
Blessings
Maxine

Dawn said...

Beautiful card hon x

Brenda said...

Oh my I love your present card Kristie!! Loving that snowflake too and your color combo. Hugs, Brenda

Verna Angerhofer said...

As always, a beautiful project. I love the rich blue colors too. The white against that darker blue is awesome!

Kim Heggins said...

Beautiful card Karen, I love your sweet gift. So festive.

Unknown said...

Oh nice! I love how you used it as a present! :) Thank you for sharing on this weeks Artistry Challenge. Melissa - Vandicrafts