Tuesday, December 16, 2014

Happy Hanukkah Bister Card


Happy Hanukkah to all who celebrate this joyous time! I fell in love with this beautiful new set from Stampin' Up and will be designing again with it sometime soon. Today I decided to try my Bister powders on a silver non-water color paper after embossing the stamps in black detail embossing powder. The water did not soak in, but created this unique background. I tried cutting out the piece with a fancy Spellbinders rectangle, but the top and  bottom did not cut well at all. So I covered them up with some silver stars metal tape. Most "mistakes" are just opportunities to embellish or step outside our boxes and experiment.

I am entering this card in the Anything Goes challenges at 613 Avenue Create and Sentimental Sundays.

9 comments:

ike said...

My goodness - what an AWESOME background :-D This card is lovely and I really like that Hanukkah stamp :-D
Thank you - I will enjoy my celebrations.
Hugz

IKE xx

Brenda said...

Beautiful card Karen, I love your blister background. Please forgive me for calling you Kristie in my last two comments, my brain is on overdrive and I'm a little more confused than normal. lol That's my story and I'm sticking to it! Hugs, Brenda

Chana Malkah said...

Lovely Chanukah Card, Karen! I keep threatening to try the blister technique, but by the time I rememeber, I have spent my budget on something else! You really do these backgrounds very well. Now, I am off to get started cooking my doughnuts and Potato Latkes for tonigh's Chanukah meal!

Thanks for sharing your wonderful card with us here at 613 Avenue Create!

Hugz,
Chana Malkah Harris, Owner

Chana Malkah said...

Hi, Karen, I think I remeember you saying you don't do FB. I just wanted to let you know that I am featuring your card and blog on our FB page today!

Hugz,
Chana

Beebeebabs said...

Beautiful card!!!

kiwimeskreations said...

What a fabulous card - love your strip of star embellishments!! The Bister makes a fabulous background.
Blessings
Maxine

Verna Angerhofer said...

Love that background for this card. It looks wonderful with the focal image. A beautiful card for this holiday.

KristyLee said...

How very very cool looking Karen!
Peace,
Kristy

Kim Heggins said...

Karen...this is just stunning. What a beautiful image.