Saturday, December 13, 2014

Gold and Red Sparkly Peace

I just got a new die set from Clearly Besotted with fun bows and ornaments and the idea popped into my head to use half one color and half another for the bows and ornaments. I pulled out my sparkly red and gold cardstock and tried it out. I started with a white top folding card base and attached a strip of the red sparkly paper down the left side. Then I diecut the ornaments and bows in gold and red sparkly paper and cut them in half. I used thin red washi tape to "hang" the ornaments. I added a gold diecut "peace" by Julie for Essentials by Ellen which is my wish for the world and you.

 I am entering this card in the Bling it On challenge at Simon says Stamp and the Celebrations challenge at Southern Girls.

11 comments:

Always with a Sentiment said...

Hello Karen. What a gorgeous card, love the design and colour combination. Such a lovely idea to do your ornaments in half and half colours, love it and it is so very striking and effective.
Happy crafting.
Love Sandra xx

KT Fit Kitty said...

Beautiful card! Love the sparkle! Gorgeous die!

Sue said...

Hello Karen,beautiful colours and sparkle,Gorgeous card.

Brenda said...

Beautiful card Karen! Hugs, Brenda

kiwimeskreations said...

Fabulous way to use the die cuts - and I love your sparkly treatment of this card.
Blessings
Maxine

Beebeebabs said...

Beautiful card!!!

Verna Angerhofer said...

Absolutely gorgeous card. I love the elegant simplicity of the design but also love the shimmer. And, half and half was a fantastic idea!

Jacee said...

Lovely design Karen
hugs Jacee
Simply Paper Card Design

* Shell B.* said...

Fabulous card, lovely sparkle paper & wonderfully designed!
Glad you joined us for the challenge at Southern Girls hope to see you come back soon!
¸..• ´¨¨)) -:¦:-¸.•´ .•´¨¨))*((¸¸.•´ ..•´
Shell in Alaska ~ SGC~DT ~
http://akstamping.blogspot.com

Unknown said...

I LOVE the color combo on this card! GORGEOUS!

Melissa Bove said...

Gorgeous card! Such a lovely design!!

Thank you very much for joining us this week at the Simon Says Stamp Wednesday Challenge Blog!

hugs...
Melissa