Friday, December 5, 2014

Christmas Greetings and Great Deals and Chances to Win!


It's Crackerbox Palace Friday and I am sharing a Christmas card I made with CBP’s great stamps and a Bokeh technique I learned about in this video. In the video, the blogger used watercolor paints to create the background, but I do not have any, so I used my Brusho Crystal Colours in several shades of blue. After that was dry, the Bokeh look is achieved by sponging white pigment ink through a stencil with several sizes of circular holes. I created my stencil with a piece of acetate and some circle punches. After I finished the Bokeh background, I embossed the Santa and Sleigh silhouette and Christmas greeting stamps with black embossing powder.

**As a holiday present to you from Crackerbox Palace, all the stamps on this card will be 20% OFF for one week! What a deal! **

In addition to that great deal, you can also visit my blog here for a chance at some great blog candy. I am celebrating my 5 year blogaversary all this month, and you can win one of 7 prizes just by being a follower of my blog. Crackerbox Palace has generously offered 5 gift certificates worth $15 for 5 lucky winners to shop with at their website! I have two other great prizes too, so sign up as a follower and you might be one of the lucky winners!


I am entering this card in the Anything Goes challenge at Wonderful Wednesday and the Christmas challenge at Simon Says Stamp.

Did you notice the sweet and sassy Crackebox Palace watermark that I am debuting on my card today? Once again, the wonderful Kathryne from StampArt Design by Kathyrne has worked her magic and created a perfect personalized watermark for Crackerbox Palace and me. If you are considering getting your very own personalized watermark, I highly recommend you contact Kathryne as she does a great job!

9 comments:

KT Fit Kitty said...

Gorgeous card and I love your watermark! P.S. I fixed the typo that I had on my sidebar about your giveaway - I had Kareds instead of Kards - but it's all good now!

Kathyk said...

FAB use of brusho's and looks great with the white pigment ink sponged too

Kathyk

StampArt Design by Kathryne said...

Beautiful card, Karen. The background you designed is fabulous. Love it. Thanks for your sweet comments about your watermark. It was a pleasure creating with you. xx Kathryne

Verna Angerhofer said...

Another amazing work of art Love your background too for the card. I found that so fun to create the Bokeh Effect. Thanks for sharing how to do it!

kiwimeskreations said...

What a fabulous back ground - love the silhouetted santa :-)
Blessings
Maxine

Karen Schroeder said...

Cool watermark! I love your card...the background technique is awesome! I will have to try it. Thanks for the link!

Unknown said...

Your card is beautiful. Love the background you created! Thanks for the video link.

Brenda said...

Oh Karen, this is so pretty and so magical looking! Hugs, Brenda

Caryn said...

Fantastic festive design. - love the night sky effect.
Thanks for playing along at the Simon Says Stamp Wednesday Challenge.
Hugs,
Caryn xxx