Tuesday, December 2, 2014

Bokeh Dots with Brusho Crystal Colours


Can I just say I love this card?? I found a video here on an easy way to achieve the Bokeh look on our cards and this is what I made after watching it. In the video, she used watercolor paints to wash the background, but I do not have any. I saw another card using dye inks for the background, but I tried that. but it was too light for the dots to show. I tried my Brusho Crystal Colours and this is the beautiful result. Watch the video for great tips on how to achieve this look. But, basically, you wet a piece of watercolor paper, and then apply your colors (I used purple and violet Brusho crystals, then spritzed them again.) After dry, apply white pigment ink through a stencil with different sizes of circles. You can easily create your own stencil with acetate and circle dies or punches. The smaller the dot, the brighter you want your inked circle to be. The key is a very wet inked white pigment pad. Let that dry and decorate as desired. I actually heat embossed the greeting (from Tim Holtz) before doing the bokeh dots and background. I completed the card with an ornament I made with an Elizabeth Craft Designs sticker, very fine glitter and copics.

I am entering this card in the DOTS challenge at Addicted to CAS, and the Clearly Christmas challenge at Curtain Call.

10 comments:

sandie said...

Fabulous bacground and love the colours you have used, a stinning XMas card. Thanks for joining us at ATCAS x

Karen said...

Hi Karen! I've been perusing your blog and your work is beautiful! Your bokeh effect on this card is spectacular and the ornament is stunning. I am delighted to be your newest follower and look forward to seeing your future creations! :o) Have a wonderful day!

Hugs and blessings,
Karen

Cathy said...

Gorgeous card Karen, love the background effect you created, it looks amazing, Cathy x

My Card Attic: Hazel said...

This turned out beautifully Karen! Hazel x

Loll said...

That background is amazing Karen! Thanks for the link to the video ... will be watching it soon! Love the brushos -- such beautiful and vibrant colours. And your ornament is gorgeous with all the glitter. Thanks for joining us at ATCAS.

Christy Beans said...

This turned out really well, Karen! Definitely putting this on my crafty playtime list for a future inky session. =) I love the purple - such a nontraditional Christmas color, but gorgeous! ~Christy

Brenda said...

I am loving this card too Karen! Such a fun and festive card. You amazed me with these brusho's and this look. Love, love it! Hugs, Brenda

Verna Angerhofer said...

Gorgeous background and what a beautiful ornament you added to it too! Love this.

Fabiola said...

je comprends que tu l'aimes elle est superbe, biz

Jaydee said...

Your bokeh background is gorgeous and I love the colors. So glad you joined us at ATCAS this week
Jayde