Monday, July 7, 2014

Inspired by The Cutting Edge Challenge

I really was inspired by this photo and even more by the DT cards at a new challenge called  The Cutting Edge Challenge and just had to make a card with die cuts and participate. The reason I am blogging a second time today with my card is that every day this week on my blog is booked already, and the deadline to enter this challenge is 9 a.m. EDT on Thursday. Here is the card I just made for this challenge:

I pulled out a die cut from My Favorite Things and die cut the skyline in peach, grey and black, layering them so each color shows just a bit. Love the look! The Be.you.tiful sentiment is a digital stamp by the Desert Diva. I added some pearls in different sizes in peach, black and grey and layered the front piece onto a black card base. I have a special young lady in mind who loves skylines to receive this card and the sentiment is perfect for someone her age too.

6 comments:

Cheri said...

Karen, this is a wonderful card!

Hannelie said...

How cool that you used my sentiment!
You made it look GREAT!
Thanks Karen!!!

Emily Lauritzen said...

Fabulous card! Love all the different colors layered together!
Thanks for stopping by my blog!
<3 Emily L.

Brenda said...

This is a cool card Karen! I love the skyline in those three colors- staggered like that and I love that sentiment! Hugs, Brenda

Kim Heggins said...

Wow...your card is just as beautiful as your sentiment...so sweet and your layered city scape is stunning.

Jackie Rockwell said...

Great dimension in your skyline Karen! Thanks for playing along with us at The Cutting Edge Challenge!