Monday, April 28, 2014

CAS Sympathy Card


Because you never know when you might need a sympathy card, I try to have a few on hand that I have made at all times. I can't even imagine buying one now. This one was very easy to make but I think it is elegant and says exactly what I would want to say.

If you follow my blog, you know I love to use Clear View Transparency pictures from The Mark-it Place. I layered the picture onto a piece of gold cardstock and attached behind the rectangular shaped openings in the card. The card base is cream colored and the top piece is black. I stamped the sentiment from Stampin' Up on a cream piece, cut it out with a Spellbinders label die, and sponged the label while still in the die.

I am entering this card in the No Designer Paper challenges at Sweet Stampin' and Paper Crafting Challenges. 

6 comments:

JoanneO said...

Love this sympathy card but isn't the Mark-it-place closed?

Karen Hasheck said...

Joanne- I tried to reply to your comment and was unable to, so am posting a reply here. If you want to have me reply to you, leave a comment in the "contact me" on the side and we can communicate.

Yes they are closed, but their website is still open and by email or phone with the owner you can still get her Clear Views. If you are local, she is going to be open this Saturday May 3rd during the Saynor Stampede stamp show and has some new Clear Views to share.

Verna Angerhofer said...

A beautiful sympathy card and like you I try to have some on hand. It is a type of card that if needed so it is best to have them ready to go. Yours is beautiful and I love the CAS style.

Rachel said...

Beautiful card. Thank you for sharing with us at Sweet Stampin this week, Wedgie xxx

Pia Larsen said...

The main image is absolutely gorgeous eventhough it is so utterly simple! Fantastic!
Thank you for playing with us this week at Sweet Stampin'. Hope you will join us again soon.
Pia xx

mixamatoasties said...

Lovely card.

Thanks for sharing at Sweet Stampin' this week.

Susan