Sunday, January 19, 2014

My Grandson's Despicable Valentine on Silhouette Sunday

My grandson is the light of my life and I would do just about anything for him- even cut out all the pieces so he can make 35 Minion Valentines for his classmates when we watch him for a few days early in February. But only for him would I do that! There are 17 pieces to each card (we are doing the buttons out of paper too) and 17 times 35 is a lot! But with my magic machine (Silhouette Portrait) it was much easier than if I had used punches or die cuts! The shapes are all basic ones (except for the body which I bought for 99 cents) that are free to make any size I want and I can cut as many as fit onto a 8 1/2 x 11 page with one swoop of the Silhouette cutting machine.

When my grandson asked for a one eyed minion for his Valentines (that he will put together with me so they will be made by him), I did a search on Pinterest and found this one that I cased.  This is the inside of the card where Nate will write his message and sign it:
Too fun- we will have fun putting them together and he will be proud of the cards he will be giving to his class mates and loved ones. That is the best gift I can give him:)

I am entering this card in the Valentine challenge at Raisin Boat and the "It's a Boy Thing" challenge at  Charisma Cardz. I am also entering it in the Valentine Challenge at the Silhouette Blog. 

Stamping smiles, Grandma Karen

6 comments:

Teresa said...

That is so cute. Sounds like a fun time cardmaking.

Linda said...

Really Clever Karen! Thanks for joining the challenge at Raisin Boat. Hugs, Linda

Karen Schroeder said...

:)

Bubbles said...

Fabulous card. I made a minion cake for my daughters birthday last week! Thanks for joining us at Charisma Cardz.
Joanne x

NGCARDS said...

This is a great male creation! Thanks for playing at Charisma this week! xxx

CraftyPaws said...

Super cute card for your grandson! Adorable.