Thursday, August 1, 2013

Summer Rainbow and Silhouette Crackerbox Palace Card


I will be out of town on Friday, so am sharing a summer card I made with Crackerbox Palace stamps and a fun background sponging technique a day early. Did you know you can make a silhouette image with just about any stamp? Just color it in black instead of the typical colors you would use and it turns into a silhouette stamp. I did this with the picnic table from Crackerbox Palace after I created the rainbow effect on a white piece of cardstock. To make the rainbow, I cut a circle out of acetate with a Nestabilities die, then sponged on the colors of a rainbow with a series of dye inks and sponges. I stamped the sentiment and created the frame with the same circle Nestabilities die.

I like how the card turned out and hope you do too. Please visit the website to see these and many other awesome Crackerbox Palace stamps.
I am entering this card in the Anything Goes challenges at Party Time Tuesday, Simon Says Stamp and Through the Craftroom Door.

Crackerbox Palace smiles, Karen


3 comments:

Sandy said...

Pretty card! Thank you for joining us at Party Time Tuesdays. Good Luck!

Deonna B said...

Hi Karen! I love the rainbow colors of your background. Great idea! Thank you for sharing at TTCRD this week.

cheiron said...

Wonderful rainbow and silhouette. Thanks for playing along with the Anything Goes challenge over at the Simon Says Stamp Wednesday Challenge Blog this week!