Sunday, July 7, 2013

Silhouette Sunday 3D Cards


The challenge at the Silhouette Blog Weekly Challenge this week is to use 3D elements in our cards. I have three cards to share with you and in the last two, the 3D elements are on the inside of the card. My first card above was made with a floral card shape from the Silhouette America cutting files store and my favorite new paper: Tim Holtz Kraft-Core Shattered paper from Core'dinations. It is kraft on one side and colored with kraft cracks on the other side. I added floral punches and pearls for the 3D elements. The sentiment is from Technique Tuesday.
I created a romantic card for my husband with a beautiful sentiment cutting file from Silhouette America, an embossing folder from Craft Concepts and a line of black script Washi tape. But the inside is the fun part:

I love this heart shape that spreads out as you open the card. I paid about 10 times as much for a circular similar die a few years ago and now for 99 cents (or less with my subscription), I can get hearts and circles and other shapes that surprise the recipient when they open the card.

My third card today is a birthday card I made for a special friend. I cut the friendship sentiment with my Silhouette Portrait cutting machine and attached it to a white piece with an embossed frame (Sizzix) and embossed butterfly (folder by Cuttlebug, punch by Martha Stewart.) But again the fun part is in the inside of the card:
The whole inside of the card pops up in a fun frame with the Happy Birthday letters inside. Another great 3D element you can purchase at the Silhouette America store for 99 cents or less, make it any size or color you want and personalize the sentiment for the lucky recipient.

I am entering these cards in the Texture challenge at Nutcrafters and the Anything Goes challenge at  Bearly Mine.

Stamping and Silhouette smiles, Karen

2 comments:

Debbie said...

Lovely cards.So much texture and detail.Thanks for joining in with us over at Nutcrafters.Just to let you know that you're only allowed to enter once in the challenge.Hugs Debbie x

Kym's Crafty Cards said...

A lovely selection of cards which fit perfectly the Bearly Mine Designs Challenge this week of “anything goes”. Thank you for entering and best wishes in the draw. Kym (Bearly Mine Challenge Blog Design Team)