Saturday, February 16, 2013

CAS Cards for Kids at SAS4Kids



It’s Saturday and time for another fun challenge at Send a Smile 4 Kids! This time our challenge is CAS Cards 4 Kids. I love CAS (Clean and Simple) cards and so do our kids! There are many ways to define CAS- and you can use your interpretation… but to me, CAS means not super complicated or tons of layers or embellishments. But it does not mean lack of caring or throw a few stickers on a card and call it done. You do not have to donate your card(s) after you enter our challenge, but our kids would sure love it if you did. And remember we are a card only challenge- cuz that is what we are all about- cards for our kids!

We have three very generous sponsors this week: Doodle Pantry is giving their winner 3 digis of their choice! And Fred She Said is giving their randomly picked winner a $10 Gift Certificate! Heather Ellis's winner will receive 3 digis of their choice!  TEAM S.A.S will also be choosing their favorite cards for our top three and the winners will receive a blog badge and an opportunity to be a guest design team member on a future challenge.

My first card above features a snow-boarding birdie and sentiment from Doodle Pantry. I simply printed the colored version, cut out and attached to a card with a fun embossed background. 


My second card is a Valentine with an embossed background and a sweet boy from Heather Ellis. I paper pieced with various papers and then just attached.


My third card is another CAS design with more embossing, a couple diecuts and a colored image of Nolan with his frog from Fred She Said. I think any young boy would love this card and it only took me a few minutes to make. 

I am entering these cards in the following challenges: Craft Us Crazy- show us your favorites which are CAS cards using embossing folders and diecuts (the third card); MilkCoffee Challenge to "Make it Cute" (the first card); and the "My Heart is for You" challenge at My Heart Pieces Challenge (the second card.)

Stamping smiles for our kids, Karen 

2 comments:

Leanne said...

these cards look adorable

~Jeri~ said...

Love all your cards! What wonderful work for such a great cause!

Thanks for sharing your favorites with us at Craft Us Crazy!