Saturday, September 22, 2012

Simon Says Stamp and Paper Crafting Journey Challenges


Embossing is the challenge at Simon Says Stamp this week and Paper Crafting Journey wants us to use a sentiment on our card. This is my favorite of the Christmas cards I have made so far and it is because of the beautiful embossing and sentiment. The sentiment is from a new set I recently purchased from Close to my Heart. The whole front of the white card was embossed and die cut together with a folder by Marianne's Designs. Then I layered white poinsettias that I cut and embossed with Nestabilities and some white pine needles cut with a Martha Stewart punch. I put a shiny red piece behind the cut outs to complete the card.

Stamping smiles, Karen

5 comments:

Crafting Vicky said...

This is gorgeous! So elegant!!!! I really love the poinsettia as well.

jimlynn said...

Beautiful embossing and a gorgeous card! I love all the white on here Karen, and just the right amount of red. Very elegant looking.
LYnn

Lin said...

What beautiful embossing, Karen! Thanks so much for playing along with us at the Simon Says Stamp challenge!

Jane Luxem said...

Love the card!

Vicky Briggs said...

Really Pretty Karen