Monday, May 7, 2012

PCI In the Garden Challenge



It's time for a new challenge at Paper Creations Ink and the theme is In the Garden. Our sponsor is our very own Miranda who is awarding all the digital images the dt used to make our cards to the random winner. For all the details and to see the other dt cards for this challenge, please head over to the PCI blog. 

For my card, I printed Miranda’s “Sitting in the Garden” on tissue paper, crumpled it all up, flattened out somewhat and attached with glue to a piece of cardstock. This technique is called Faux Silk. I then colored the image with a watercolor pen and dye inks. I cut out the image with a circle nestie. The background was a piece of green dp cut into three pieces and attached to a dark green card. The sentiment is from Verve.

I am sad to announce that today is the start of the last challenge at Paper Creations Ink. Sara and Michael have decided to move on to concentrate on other challenges in their life together. They did a great job at PCI this last year and I have enjoyed being a part of their team.

I am entering this card in the Anything Goes challenge at DigiDoodles Shops Best.


I just have to share because I am such a proud aunt:) My niece was crowned Prom Queen this weekend! I am sure you can see why- lovely and a sweetheart besides!




Stamping smiles, Karen 

5 comments:

Patti J said...

Your card is adorable, Karen! Love the stamping on tissue, don't you? And OH MY GOSH - your niece is stunning! So gorgeous! Thanks for sharing her photo, and be sure to send her Congratulations from Missouri!!! Hugs...

Lynn said...

Gorgeous card, Karen and gorgeous niece:)
Huggs
Lynn xx

mandy said...

Lovely card Hun the image is lovely and I love the fab nestie circle. Wow your Niece looks stunning im sure she had a ball at her Prom :)

Thanks for joining us at Digi Doodle Shop Challenges

Hugs Mandy DDS DT xxx

Miranda said...

wow Karen, love what you did with the image. Printing it on tissu, really a great idea and it looks fabulous
and your niece looks lovely too

hugs
Miranda

Karen said...

Fab card Karen, and your neice looks stunning, thanks for joining us at Digi Doodle Shop Challenges.

xx