Monday, February 1, 2010

Card Patterns #49 and Dutch Dare Challenge

 

I love the sketch on this week's Card Patterns challenge and I combined it with Dutch Dare's Challenge to find Summer in Winter. I decided the bright yellow was the sunshine and the flowers make me think of summer. I am using papers from Taylored Expressions and loving the color combinations of her kits. The flower is made of punched paper from an old book, patterned paper and cardstock topped by a button and scrapper's floss. What is missing from this card?? If you know me, you know all my cards have to say something, usually on both the front and the inside. But I am trying to step outside my box and do love how this turned out.
 

However, I couldn't resist using my new funny stamp from DRS Designs on the inside with some more of the designer paper. Too funny.

Stamping smiles, Karen
Posted by Picasa

3 comments:

marley said...

gorgeous and too funny! the paper and flower are great!

Arts by Sara said...

I love the saying Karen! It is so you!!! Happy Creating! Sara

Anonymous said...

I too love the saying. I agree with about adding a little "something" to the inside of the card. A bit of wit is gooood!! ha ha