Thursday, October 12, 2017

Batty About You Halloween Card with Distress Oxide Background

At a recent play session with friends, we played with Tim Holtz's Distress Oxide inks and I made this fun background. I used the Soot Black Distress Oxide ink direct to paper covering it completely. Then I placed it in my Tim Holtz Tonic Studios Stamp Platform and sprayed water on a SU marble background stamp. I closed the platform so the water from the stamp removed some of the DO color and created this cool background. It is easy to do this with either stencils or stamps. 

I layered the background on a gold card after stamping "batty about you" from IO. I added some die cut bats (also from IO) and a cute jack-o-lantern cut with a layering die from The Paper Cut. Here is a peak at the inside of the card:


The Happy Halloween die is from Tonic Studios. This non-scary Halloween card will be perfect for my youngest grandson! Thanks for helping me #share the joy of creativity!

6 comments:

Brenda in IN said...

Karen, you are just on fire making these fantastic cards. I love the background on this one and thanks for sharing.

Craftychris said...

Ooh fabulous background, I must try this technique with the black soot! Cool card. xxx

Fikreta said...

Wonderful card!
hugs

Celeste Goff said...

Fun card!!!

Em Louise Fairley said...

Gorgeous card, Karen xoxo

Verna Angerhofer said...

That's a really spooky background and works great with your Halloween bats flying over that Jack O' Lantern.