Wednesday, August 2, 2017

#Love Puppy Slider Card with Kat Scrappiness Dies and Stamps


I love to make interactive cards but sometimes the recipient does not know that he or she is to pull or push or slide to make the card move, so when I saw this set of interactive card instructions at Kat Scrappiness I just had to get it. I also fell in love with the Kat Scrappiness Pet Sentiments Brush Script Word and Sentiment Die Set adorable paw print words and featured them on this slider card I made. 

**Edited to add: I finished my first full length video for the Grand Opening of my YouTube Channel and it is how to make this card. So if you prefer a video for detailed instructions, head on over to my YouTube channel here. While you are there, you should check out how you can win a prize valued at almost $200 for my grand opening! Contest open until the end of September 2017.** 

I started with a red card front and cut a slider channel with a die from Lawn Fawn called "Slide on Over", then embossed with a Paw Print embossing folder from Darice. I stamped #For Real on the white cardbase where it would show when the slider is pulled. I designed this card for a special child who loves to use hash tags and couldn't resist a set of stamps from Butterfly Reflections Ink with all sorts of hashtag sentiments. I stamped "Pull Here" on the right side of a 5" x 1/2" piece of red cardstock and attached the bone die cut (from a set from Tonic Studios called Dinner's Up) to create the slider piece.

I die cut the puppy portion only of a die from Tonic Studios called Best Buddies out of black and grey and layered them together. I also die cut the cute Love pawprint die from Kat Scrappiness out of both black and grey and inlaid the grey paw pieces into the black love diecut.


On the back of the completed card front, I created a channel with scrap pieces of a thicker pop dots sheet and raised the sides of the card with pieces as well. When the paper is removed from the top of the sticky pop dots pieces, the sides of the channel is also sticky. Here is a tip to prevent the slider from sticking- apply powder using an EK Success Powder Tool to the insides of the channel pieces and the slider will move easily. This great tool also works well on the sides of shaker cards to prevent the shaker elements from sticking. I attached the completed card front with the slider and then attached the puppy with three small layered pop dots to the slider. When the recipient pulls on the slider where it says "pull here", the puppy slides over and the "For Real" is revealed declaring my love #for real!


On the inside of the card I stamped a hashtag and attached another cute die cut from the Kat Scrappiness set - #Woof -- Too cute! 


I am entering this card in the Anything Goes challenge at Scrapy Land (I used Lawn Fawn and Tonic Studios dies.) Thanks for helping me #spread the joy of creativity!

5 comments:

Anne Temple said...

Karen, this is as cute as can be! Love the interactive slide and the bright red background. So glad you shared it with us for the Scrapy Land Challenge.

Barb said...

What a sweet card and I love the slider element. Barbxx

kiwimeskreations said...

What a fabulous and fun card Karen - beautifully made and so eye catching
Blessings
Maxine

Verna Angerhofer said...

A cute and adorable card design. That is such a cute puppy!

Sherrie K. said...

Your interactive card is awesome! The embossed foot print and the little doggy is as cute as can be! So super sweet! Love this!
Thanks so much for playing in the challenge at Scrapy Land!
Sherrie K
Scrapy Land DT member