Tuesday, January 12, 2016

Warm Winter Wishes with Faux Textured Metal Look


Jennifer McGuire reminded me of this technique recently in this post and video, so I pulled out my Perfect Pearls and tried it. The card is much more shiny IRL. The technique is very easy to do- just mask the 4 sides with temporary tape, then sponge on two shades of Distress ink. I chose Peacock Feathers and Faded Jeans and blended them together. Then I applied Perfect Pearls over the sponged center with a brush and brushed off the excess with a soft cloth. I removed the masking tape and embossed the piece with an embossing folder from WeR Memory Keepers. I die cut the Snowflake Ribbon Die from Poppy Stamps and the words from Tim Holtz out of navy  blue suede paper and added some pearls. I love how this turned out and will be teaching it in my classes in my home.

I am entering this card in the Anything Goes challenge at Scrapy Land (Poppy Stamps and Tim Holtz dies) and the Something New challenge at Simon Says Stamp Wednesday challenge (the Snowflake Ribbon die is brand new and never been used before.)

8 comments:

Lori Kobular said...

Love the texture on your card! Thanks for playing along with us at Scrapy Land Challenge #33!

Donna Ellis said...

Whoa! Fabulous look, Karen! I love your card design! Thanks for playing in the {Scrapy Land Challenge}! Hope to see your pretty projects again soon!
crafty hugs,
de
{Creative Smiles}

Heather said...

A gorgeous card Karen, a lovely design with gorgeous colours......your snowflake is stunning and super with the coloured panel and sentiment!!

hugs
Heather xx
Thanks so much for joining us with Simon Says Stamp Wednesday Challenge.

Craftychris said...

This is gorgeous! Love the colours and the texture - wonderful card! xxx

kiwimeskreations said...

Love this technique - I must use it again - your card is inspiring Karen, and so dramatic with the black die cuts over the blue.
Blessings
Maxne

Carol L said...

This is such a fantastic technique resulting in one gorgeous card! I love all the shaded shapes!

Verna Angerhofer said...

I have never tried that technique but I do love the background of this card. The whole card design is great!

Maryvonne Coussé said...

Stunning card!Love the texture !
Thanks for joining us at Scrapy LAND challenge blog and good Luck !
MARYVONNE DT member