Sunday, January 17, 2016

Tonic Studios Pink and Black Deco Card


The challenge this month at our local stamp club was to make a deco inspired card with the colors pink and black. I am loving my new Clematis Vine Simply Screens dies from Tonic Gold U.S. and made this card with them for the challenge. I did a search on Pinterest to see what exactly "deco style" meant. I came up with some that were shaped somewhat like this one. I started with a white cardbase and added the pink layer with the angle cut sides. I die cut the vines screens in black and attached. Then I die cut the flowers screen in pink and layered over a black center column. I added some pink and black Nuvo Crystal Drops to complete the card. I so wish I had found Nuvo Crystal Drops before I bought all my Liquid Pearls and Pearl Pens because the Nuvo brand Crystal Drops are really so much better. They form perfect rounded drops without all the pointed tails of the other brands, and they are only $2.99 for a large bottle. Just saying- check them out here. 

I am entering this card in the Anything Goes challenges at Scrapy Land (used Tonic dies) and Wags 'n Whiskers. 

5 comments:

JJ said...

Beautiful design Karen, love the dies used.

Love & Hugs

Jacquie J xxx

http://jewelscardcraft.blogspot.co.uk/

I'm a Little Teapot said...

Oh- this is very cool, Karen. I just love the Deco style and your card is styling!
Thank you for sharing at Scrapy Land! Good luck!

Donna said...

Stunning card Karen! I've seen the Nuvo Crystal Drops on other cards, thanks for describing them and the link, off to check them out!

kiwimeskreations said...

Perfect Deco Art styling Karen, and a stunning card
Blessings
Maxine

Verna Angerhofer said...

That is a cool card. I love the colors too! It sure is a blessing we can look up thngs we are not sure about. I know I do it a lot.