Tuesday, January 19, 2016

Tonic Party Time Pick of the Week at Create and Craft!


The Pick of the Week at Create and Craft (on line and on your TV) is the entire Tonic Rococo Music Die Collection shown here:

Here is a link to the special deal at Create and Craft.  You can order the dies individually too, but hurry because they are selling out. The best deal is the whole set for 22% off and FREE shipping and handling this week only as part of the birthday specials at Create and Craft. There are also deals on Tonic's fabulous self-leveling Crystal Drops and Glitter Drops- again free shipping and if you want it all- and you know you do!- you can also choose Flex Pay to spread out the payments. (If you want any of the individual dies that are sold out, you can order them directly from Tonic Gold U.S. here.)

OK- back to our regularly scheduled card post:) I created some cards with these fabulous dies for the Tonic Gold U.S. booth at CHA. My first card above is an easel card with a background of antique musical sheet paper. I distressed the edges of the musical paper with my Tonic Tim Holtz distresser and some brown distress ink and layered it onto a red cardstock square. I die cut Dance Tribute (1179E) out of black and white cardstock, and attached them together on the musical background. I cut out some Musical Notes (1180E) and attached them too. Here is a close-up of the top of this card:


This card is an easel card and the top part stands up using the popped up piece featuring Tonic's Perfect Harmony (1176E) cut out of red cardstock. Here is another card I made with this fantastic die collection:

I love this Jukebox Jive die (1177E) and I made a shaker card featuring it. I die cut the jukebox out of dark brown Kraft-core Shattered cardstock (by Tim Holtz for Core-dinations) and also from the center of the card front. I attached a piece of acetate on the back and two layers of mounting tape all around the edge of the jukebox opening. I dumped in a bunch of beads and sequins that shake, rattle and roll when the card is shaken. I added Tonic's Treble Clef (1182E) to complete the card. Here is another picture showing the shaker elements on the move:

I watched the Tonic Party Time Pick of the Week show several times today and the samples shown and the ones made during the show were fantastic! I definitely recommend watching the shows here- even if just for the great ideas! But don't forget- free shipping and great savings too!

I am entering these cards in the Anything Goes challenges at 613 Avenue Create and Craft Your Passion. 

4 comments:

Sheryl said...

Oh Karen, just when I promised myself no more dies, you create these masterpieces! I love the easel card and know that my husband would love a card made with those dies - so rock n roll! Great composition to show case these awesome dies.
Glad you visited us at 613 Avenue Create this week.
Hugs Sheryl DT member xx

kiwimeskreations said...

Ohhh Karen these are so tempting.... Love the way you have used the dies, you cards are fabulous
Blessings
Maxine

Verna Angerhofer said...

Perfect cards for the music lovers and for people who connect with the 50's.

Jo Ann said...

Great makes! And love those die-cuts. Thanks for linking with us at our neighborhood, 613 Avenue Create for last week's Challenge. Hope you join us again this week. God bless always!

JO ANN
http://jatterburycreations.blogspot.com