Saturday, January 9, 2016

I Love You Roses and Vines Tonic Gold Card


I had so much fun in December designing cards with my new Tonic Gold goodies for CHA and their blog. I liked this card, but did not submit it for the CHA Tonic booth. I am sharing it here today on my blog and then saving it for a Valentine for someone special. Here are the Tonic Studios and other supplies I used:


Dies: Clematis Vine Simply Screens 1047E, Missing You Strip Die and Stamp Set 1168E  Tools: Tonic Trimmer and Scissors, Adhesives: Tonic Funky Glue Pen, Scor-tape sheets   Cardstock: green and red cardstock  Other: Nuvo Radiant Gold Gilding Flakes, Nuvo Bright Gold Crystal Drops, Tonic Forever Moments Rosalyn A4 Embossing Folder, red dye ink, stamp cleaner pad

I embossed a legal size red card base with the beautiful roses of the Tonic Rosalyn embossing folder. I stamped the "I love you" tag and cut it out with the matching die from the Missing You Strip Die and Stamp set and added some gold accents with Nuvo's Bright Gold Crystal Drops. I die cut the beautiful Clematis Vine Screen and backed it with a layer of gorgeous Nuvo Radiant Gold Gilding Flakes on a Scor-tape sheet. 

Here is another picture that shows the shine of the Nuvo Gilding Flakes and Crystal Drops that I love because they form perfectly shaped pearls:



I am entering this card in the Something New challenge at Simon Says Stamp Wednesday challenge and the Anything Goes challenge at Scrapy Land. (All the dies from Tonic Studios are new to me.)

7 comments:

Janny's Cards Creations said...

Mooi met de verschillende soorten papier. Groetjes Janny

Virginia L. said...

Rich and beautiful! Thanks so much for playing Simon Says Stamp Wednesday “Something New” Challenge! Hope your new year is off to a great start, Karen!

Lori Kobular said...

Very sophisticated looking card and it will be perfect for a special someone on Valentine's Day! Love those dies! Thanks for playing along with us at Scrapy Land Challenge #33!

Sherry Hickey said...

Hi Karen! Your card is lovely; I always enjoy seeing beautiful embossing folders that I haven't seen before! Congrats on being chosen a Tonic Ambassador! One of my resolutions is to get back in the habit of visiting favorite blogs; you get so much more info and ideas out of it than just posting on FB! So if I stick to my resolution, you'll see me here! Happy New Year!

kiwimeskreations said...

what a dramatic card Karen - love the contrasts of the red, black and gold.
Blessings
Maxine

Verna Angerhofer said...

I love the elegant look of this card and someone special will love it too! Very rich looking!

Lisa said...

This is so elegant and beautiful!! I love the die you used and the embossing!! Thanks so much for playing along with the Scrapy Land Challenge!!

Lisa
A Mermaid's Crafts