Sunday, January 24, 2016

Big Hugs from Tonic Shaker Card



I am having so much fun designing different cards for a magazine assignment with this awesome die from Tonic Studios that I borrowed from a friend. The die set is called "Sending a Big Hug Semi-Circle Set" and it is available on the US Tonic website here.  I cut the words half of this die out of a piece of red shiny cardstock and attached acetate to the back. I turned the piece upside down and attached two layers of mounting tape all around the semi-circle opening, then dumped in a bunch of fun beads and sequins. Here is a picture of what that looked like:


This shaker piece is on my Scor-Buddy (any scoring board will work or even a MISTI)  because I find the easiest way to make a shaker card is to cut the shaker top the same size as the card base, fill it up like this with the shaker elements, and take the tape off the top of all the mounting tape. Push the shaker piece into the upper left corner of the scoring board and attach the card base pushing both together to line up on the left side and the top. Press down firmly and the shaker elements will stay in place and the top of the card will be lined up perfectly with the card base.


I added a few more sequins on the top of the card and shook it up for you to see the beads and sequins on the move. I love making shaker cards and seeing the fun movement when the cards are shaked, rattled and rolled.

I am entering this card in the Anything Goes challenges at Crafty Girls Creations and Little Miss Muffet Challenge.

5 comments:

Anne Temple said...

Love this!! What a fun shaker card. Now I have another die to add to my wish list! :-)

Tracey said...

Fantastic shaker card Karen & so different :o)
Hugs
Tracey
xx

Gerda said...

What a fabulous shaker card!! Have a great day.
Gerda

Verna Angerhofer said...

Absolutely love this look! Great die and love it as a shaker card too!

Anonymous said...

This is incredible! The cutout and shaker element is so much - I love it! Thanks for joining the challenge at Little Miss Muffet Stamps!

Lyn