Friday, January 8, 2016

Batik Background Crackerbox Palace Get Well Bear


It’s Crackerbox Palace Friday and today I am sharing a get well card I made with Crackerbox Palace stamps and a background technique called Batik. I was reminded of this technique by this tutorial that I pinned. I heat embossed Crackerbox Palace’s band-aids several times on a white cardstock piece with white embossing powder. Then I bent the piece in many directions causing the “cracks”. I sponged several colors of green distress ink all over the piece, distressed the edges and attached to a dark green card base.  I stamped the sweet Get Well Bear on white cardstock and also on kraft and blue dp. I paper pieced the bear and his hospital gown and colored the rest, then attached him with pop dots.

I am entering this card in the Anything Goes challenges at Crafting from the Heart and Craft Your Passion. 

8 comments:

Tracey said...

Fabulous card Karen, I love that background :o)
Hope you've had a great start to 2016!
Hugs
Tracey
xx

designbydonna said...

What a cute image. I am an RN so know about "gown gap". I love the batik background. Your card will surely bring cheer to someone ill.

kiwimeskreations said...

Wonderful background Karen - and a gorgeous card overall.
Blessings
Maxine

Lynne said...

This bear is adorable. Went to the site and could not find it. Is it still available? Great card

Verna Angerhofer said...

That is cute and sure to make someone feel much better!

applejack cards by sue said...

This is gorgeous. I love your idea with the background. Thank you for sharing this with us over at Crafting from the Heart. Sue DT xx

Lynn (aka Lynnpenguin) said...

Lovely card. Great image. Thanks for playing along with us this week at Craft Your Passion. Hope to see you again. Good Luck.
Lynn, CYP DT

Karen Hasheck said...

In response to Lynne's comment- Sorry it took so long- I was waiting to hear back from Vicky of Crackerbox Palace and she has been extremely busy. She is getting close to opening a totally new website, so didn't put this stamp on the one that is shutting down. But it is available- just call her at the store and leave a message or email her at vbriggs@ymail.com and she will let you know the price and how to order.