Wednesday, December 23, 2015

Noel Christmas Tree with Gilding Flakes


My pile of unused Christmas dies is dwindling and I might actually keep my resolution to play with them all before Christmas. My family Christmas is not until the weekend after Christmas so I have a little time this week to play. I made this card yesterday with new dies from Dee's Distinctively (the swirls on  the tree) and Penny Black (the Noel.) I started with an old tree die from Tim Holtz for Sizzix and die cut two in different greens, then layered together. I die cut the swirls out of two sided tape from Sookang and applied a couple different colors of Cosmic Shimmer gilding flakes from Creative Expressions.I really like this brand of gilding flakes because the flakes are smaller and there is a delightful mixture of color in each jar. I also punched a star (old punch from Tonic Studios) out of a gold gilding flake piece. I decorated the trees with the swirls of color and added a Noel die from Penny Black to finish the card.

I am entering this card in the Holidays challenge at Scrapy Land and the Winter Wonderland challenge at Simon Says Stamp Monday Challenge.

7 comments:

Nancy Hill said...

Love the Cosmic glitter and the beautiful Noel die. Yep! I agree that also I have a few unused Christmas dies that are beautiful that I didn't use this year. Beautiful card and Merry Christmas and enjoy next week with your family rather than this week. Thank you for sharing your beautiful card with us at Scrapy Land Challenge and can't wait to see what you create with us soon. Nancy Hill, Scrapy Land Design Team

Sue said...

A very festive card Karen,enjoy your family time when it comes.
Merry Christmas to you and yours

Fikreta said...

Very bautiful!
Merry Christmas!
Bad Kitty's Craftroom
>^.^<

kiwimeskreations said...

Karen this is beautiful - love the way you have used the gilding flakes to great effect.
Blessings
Maxine

Lorraine A said...

Gorgeous card Karen, the tree is fabulous and I love the NOEL sentiment too, very cute :-)

thanks for joining us on the Simon Says Stamp Monday Challenge
Merry Christmas
Love
Lorraine x x x

Verna Angerhofer said...

Beautiful card and love the gold trim.

Lori Kobular said...

Such a pretty card, love that Christmas tree and very clever how you used the die to make garland for your tree. Thanks for playing along with us at Scrapy Land Challenge #32!