Tuesday, September 15, 2015

My First Die-Versions Design Team Blogpost


I am so happy to post that today is my first blogpost as a member of the Die-Versions Design Team!  I am sharing a couple cards with you today that feature some of my favorite background techniques and (of course) some gorgeous Die-Versions dies. 

My first card above started out as a black swirly cocktail napkin. I attached it to cardstock using a hot iron and cling wrap. Here is a link to a tutorial on how to do that. After the napkin was attached to cardstock, I applied Versamark all over it, sprinkled on heat and stick powder and melted it with a heat gun.  I immediately covered it with fine clear glitter and shook off the excess. Then I sprayed the glittery napkin with a fixative so the glitter stays in place. I attached the background to a black cardbase. The best part of the card is the gorgeous die called Trellis, which can be found here on the Die-Versions website.  I attached it to the front of the card using a spray adhesive.


My second card features the Christmas Word Tree which says it all, right?  I cut it twice and layered the white over the red. I cut the star again in a glittery gold and attached.  I created this background by spattering masking fluid which I watered down so I could easily use a small paintbrush to flick it on watercolor paper. When the masking fluid spatters were dry, I sprinkled on two blue shades of Color Burst and spritzed with water. After that was dry, I rubbed off the masking fluid for the look of snow coming down. I tore a snow drift and attached the Christmas Word Tree to complete the card.
I am finding all I need to create awesome cards are great dies and pretty backgrounds. 

Remember you can get a 15% discount on any of Die-Versions great dies by simply using my discount code karen15 when you check out at the Die-Versions website.

I am entering these cards in the Love to Create Challenge  and 613 Avenue Create Anything Goes challenge.

5 comments:

Lori Kobular said...

Two great cards both with awesome backgrounds! Love the dies you used!

Kara Lynne said...

Congratulations on your design team debut! Those dies are beautiful and you gave them amazing backgrounds!

kiwimeskreations said...

Love the top card Karen - it really is something special - the Christmas one is striking too.
Blessings
Maxine

Verna Angerhofer said...

Beautiful card designs. I especially like the word tree one.

Sandy said...

Two lovely cards, I really like how you've overlayed the different colours on the Christmas tree one. Thanks for sharing with us at 613 Avenue Create this week and hope to see you again soon.
Hugs, Sandy