Tuesday, June 16, 2015

Sailboat at Sunset Card with Brushos and Cling Wrap




I was playing one day with Brusho Crystal Colours, cling wrap and gold spray from Heidi Swapp on glossy paper and this background was the result. I thought it looked like a sunset so I stamped the sailboat scene from Creative Vision Stamps on the left side of the colored piece. I tried to bleach out the sailboat and then planned on coloring it, but the gold spray from Heidi Swapp would not bleach out, so I paper pieced the sails and boat. The stamped scene is about 4 inches wide so the right side of the card front was blank. I masked part of the stamp and using my MISTI tool, I added some more birds and weeds in just the right place. I am a MISTI newbie but am definitely seeing what all the raves are about. It would be a shame to ruin an almost finished card adding a sentiment or part of the stamped scene and with this handy tool, that does not happen. 

I am entering this card in the Anything Creative challenge at Love to Create and the Anything Goes challenge at Scribble and Scrap. 


5 comments:

Ustvarjalni utrinki Tamara P. said...

Fantastic card
hugs Tamara

Becca Cruger said...

Wow. This is an amazing inky scene. The vibrant colors, the artsy feel... it all adds up to gorgeousness!

Verna Angerhofer said...

So very beautiful!

kiwimeskreations said...

This is gorgeous Karen - love the effect of your paper piecing against the stunning background,
Blessings
Maxine

Gerrina said...

That background is unusual, but looks great in those colours; what a beautiful card!