Sunday, April 5, 2015

Have a Rockin' Birthday!


Birthdays is the theme of the challenge this week at Simon Says Stamp because they are celebrating 6 years of challenges, so Happy Birthday to them! I am sharing a card I made recently for a proposed article at Scrap and Stamp Arts on cling wrap backgrounds with Bisters or Brushos. This one was made with blue, yellow and green Bister powders on glossy paper, then spritzed with gold glimmer mist. While very wet, I scrunched up and applied a piece of cling wrap, then waited for it to dry. IRL you can see the glimmer of the gold spray. I die cut the head phones and stamped the "Rockin' Birthday" sentiment (both are from My Favorite Things.)

The die from My Favorite Things has a large and small head phones so I made a small one for the inside of the card. Wouldn't this card be perfect for a teenager? That is my hardest kind of card to design so I am so glad I bought this set of dies and stamps.

I am also entering this card in the "Use a Die" challenge at Polkadoodles Challenge.

10 comments:

JJ said...

Hi Karen,

Gorgeous card, love the beautiful background and a fabulous card for any music fan.

Happy Easter

Love & hugs

Jacquie J xxx
http://jewelscardcraft.blogspot.co.uk/

Deonna B said...

Great card Karen! I would love to try the cling wrap technique, where can i find it?

Teresa Kline said...

hello Karen! super fun card, luv the background! so glad you played along with Simon Says Stamp Wednesday Challenge!

sparkle & shine *~*

Liz said...

Fabulous card - especially for a teenager. I love the headphones. :-) xx

kiwimeskreations said...

What a great card for a teen - you really rocked this one Karen :-)
Blessings
Maxine

Kim Heggins said...

this is just fabulous...love your amazing head phones and your colors, stunning!

Claire said...

Gorgeous make! Thanks so much for joining our 'Use a die' challenge at Polkadoodles this time
Claire xx

Gerrina said...

Great background and the headphones look great!

chanya13 said...

Fabulous creation with lovely colors and design. Thanks for sharing with us at Polkadoodles Challenge. Agnieszka DT

SASAYAKI GLITTER STAMPS BY NAZ said...

Fabulous make hun. Thank you so much for joining us at Polkadoodles challenge.
http://polkadoodle.blogspot.co.uk/
Hugs
Naz xxx