Monday, January 19, 2015

NBUS Sketch Heart Card


I love the term NBUS (Never Before Used Schtuff) and have a whole pile of NBUS on my bed that I have not had time to play with. First the holidays and meeting publication  and design team deadlines, then CHA left me with no time to play with my NBUS. Now I am catching up from being away a week. But I did manage to get one card designed with my NBUS die from Simon Says Stamp Sketch Heart. I am fascinated with the positive and negative versions of cool dies like this one. I die cut the sketch heart twice out of the red card front and again in white, layering the white heart over the top sketch heart opening. I added a die cut love and heart from W Plus 9 and ended up with a CAS Valentine or Love card. I think I will give this card to my husband for Valentine's Day.

I am entering this card in the NBUS challenge at djkardkreations.com, the Love is in the Air challenge at Raisin Boat and the Anything Goes challenge at 613 Avenue Create.

9 comments:

Brenda said...

Don't you just love the phrase that Darnell coined?!! I love it too and have lots of NBUS! I tend to put it away and then forget what I have. Not a good thing to do. lol I was looking at this same heart die and almost bought it, but decided not too. Now I wish I had! Your card is beautiful and I think it will be a great Valentine for your hubby! Hugs, Brenda

Pia S said...

What a cool card, love the design of your heart die and how this CAS love card turned out!

Linda said...

I love that NBUS. I have a ton too. LOL
Love the card and thank you for joining the challenge this month at Raisin Boat.
Hugs,
Linda

Unknown said...

Hi Karen, super card love the hearts. You should enter it into the Penny's Paper Crafty and Whoopsi Daisy challenges. Thanks you so much for visiting my blog and following, I am your newest follower. Take care hugs Jennifer xx

Verna Angerhofer said...

Awesome card and I love the sketchy heart die.

Darlene said...

Simply fabulous Karen! Thanks so much for playing in our challenge at 613 Avenue Creates! We hope you’ll come join us again real soon! Great job!
Darlene
613 Avenue Create DT
DAR’S CRAFTY CREATIONS

kiwimeskreations said...

Stunning card - love the stiking two colour design.
Blessings
Maxine

Darnell said...

Oooh, that is one cool sketchy heart die ... thanks a lot! lol! I love your pretty valentine for your hubby in the classic bright red and white, Karen!! You must like jigsaw puzzles, right? At least I do and I think that's why I love playing with the positive/negative aspects of the dies and doing the different colored inlays. And now with the word dies, my stamps are even more NBUS and neglected!! Thank you so much for playing in my NBUS Challenge #3 and for your kind words and consistent support of my acronym! Enjoy your day!! Hugs, Darnell

Chana Malkah said...

CAS and COOL! Thanks for playing along with us at 613 Avenue Create!
Hugz,
Chana Malkah, Owner