Monday, September 29, 2014

Celebrate NBUS Card

I am still having fun with Bister powders and for this card I experimented with embossing the watercolor paper first, then adding various Bister colored powders and spritzing with water. This created another fun background. I had some new (never before used schtuff) dies sitting on my bed, so I die cut the daisy, butterfly and dragonfly (all from Penny Black) out of another mostly red bister sheet, then added Wink of Stella brush colors to each. IRL they are sparkly and pretty, but it is hard to capture the sparkle with the camera. The celebrate die is a new one from Cherry Lynn Designs.

I am entering this card in the Anything Goes challenges at Treasured Times and Suzy Bee's (with a twist of Red. There is red bisters in my background and on the flower and butterfly, as well as red Wink of Stella highlights.)

5 comments:

Deonna B said...

Karen you've inspired me so much with your Bister powder cards that I just ordered mine. lol! I can't wait to give it a go.
Thanks,
Deonna

Blossom Cards said...

lovely card thanks for sharing with SBBC this week Rachel dt

Sheila said...

Oh my! What a BEAUTY! I love your artistic ability. Everything about this card screams TALENTED. Thank you so much for turning me onto such beauty.

Verna Angerhofer said...

Playing with the Bisters sure is addictive, isn't it? I like this technique you did with embossing and then applying the Bisters. What a wonderful card you created!

Ina G said...

You have me looking for more of your bister cards. They are awesome. Especially love this one with the embossing giving it so much depth.