Thursday, October 3, 2013

So Much Fun with Tim Holtz and the New Envelope Punch Board


The challenge this week at my buddy Hilde's challenge blog, Crafting with Dragonflies, is to make and link a card box and at least 3 cards. I have been having so much fun this week designing cards and this box using the Envelope Punch Board by WeRMemory Keepers and the fabulous paper by Tim Holtz called Kraft Core Shattered by Core'dinations. I love love love this paper and this fabulous tool and will be using both when I am one of the instructors at a Round Robin of card making November 1st at Dale's Weston Lanes. (Contact me or The Stamp Shoppe in Weston for more details if you are local.) I wanted to show at my table more cards and projects you can make with both the paper and the Envelope Punch Board. I learned how to make the easy card box here in this video.  I added a belly band of the kraft side of the paper to hold the box closed and decorated it with a Spellbinders fancy circle die and a lovely stamp from Heartfelt Creations.



Pictured above is one of the cards I designed with a matching envelope- both created with the Envelope Punch Board. File tab cards and matching envelopes are easy to make with this tool, and this is just part of what you will learn in my class that night. I embossed this card with a Marianne's Designs embossing and cutting folder, then added a poinsettia also made with Marianne's Designs dies and a Martha Stewart punch. All the sentiments on these cards are from a set by Penny Black I will also be using in the class.


My second card is a money holder and envelope created again with Tim Holtz's awesome paper and the Envelope Punch Board. The snowflake punches are by Martha Stewart. I attached some baker's twine under pop dot raising the snowflake, then went around the card and then around the snowflake brad to hold the money holder shut.

My last card is another file folder card with a fun lined envelope- again so easy to make. I embossed the card with a holly embossing folder (by Tim Holtz for Sizzix.) I made the candles with the goo border by Martha Stewart and her twig punch. The holly leaves and flames were parts of cutting files by Silhouette America.

Did I mention that I love Tim Holtz? I am so excited that a bunch of friends and I are going to see him in Madison the end of November at a stamp show we are going to:) I have always wanted to at least see him in person, much less maybe even meet him! Can't wait!

I am also entering these cards in the Anything Goes challenge at The Crafting Cafe'.

Stamping smiles, Karen

6 comments:

Ina G said...

Karen - this is awesome. A really fabulous array of craft beautifully made. Make sure you take something along for Tim to autograph when you see him. He is so friendly. Enjoy. Thanks so much for sharing this beautiful project with us at Crafting with Dragonflies. Ina. PS Try and get a photo with him like I did.

Susan Hogan said...

How beautiful are these cards and the box. I think I might have found something else I want (TH Card) - how inspiring is that! Thank you for sharing this with us at CWD for our current challenge.

Sylvia Anderson said...

Such a lovely project.
Thank you for joining in the Crafting Café challenge, good luck x

Dawn said...

Wonderful creations! Thanks for playing at The Crafting Cafe this time!
Good Luck
Hugs
Dawn xx

CG said...

These are wonderful! Gotta love Tim! Best, CG

Claire said...

Lovely projects - and of course everyone loves Tim - it just can't be helped!!
Thanks for playing along at The Crafting Cafe this month! Claire x