Tuesday, June 11, 2013

JUGS and MilkCoffee Challenges


Just Us Girls Challenge wants to see our Washi Tape cards this week and at MilkCoffee Challenges, we are to share our Male Inspired cards. I am sharing another card I designed for the classes I am teaching in my home that features washi tape and a fun watch. I started with an off white front that I attached two masculine shades of washi tape diagonally. I also punched out some fake brads or candies from the wood tone washi tape. The watch is a stamp from Stampin' Up and I was inspired by this card from Frenchie where she added a brad for the cranker. I stamped the watch on white paper and kraft and cut out the face and band separately. The face of the watch was attached inside a soda pop top that was flattened with my Big Shot and No More Shims thick embossing pad. This card would be perfect for Father's Day or any masculine occasion including Pop's birthday.

Stamping smiles, Karen

5 comments:

Nancy said...

That watch looks real...OMG! Great job with the challenge over at JUGS...so glad you joined us!

NanaConnie said...

WOW, Karen! This is magnificent!

Jane Luxem said...

Very cool guy card!

Lisa Kind said...

What a cool card! I love how you made the watch and the position of the washi tape is very interesting! Thanks for playing with Just Us Girls!

Karen Schroeder said...

I thought the watch was real!