Friday, May 17, 2013

Crackerbox Palace Friday




It's Crackerbox Palace Friday today and I am sharing a card I made recently with some beautiful stamps from Crackerbox Palace. You may have noticed I am a day later than I normally blog for Crackerbox Palace. We have changed the schedule and you can expect to find me blogging here every Friday with a card or two from CBP.
I fell in love with this gorgeous seagull and water image the first time I saw Vicky coloring it. There is no way I can color as beautifully as she can, so I am showing you a different way to use this image. I embossed the scene with black embossing powder, stamped the sentiment and then sponged with various inks. I masked the moon and left the seagull and sentiment uncolored to highlight them. I like how it turned out and hope you do too. Please visit the website to see these and many other awesome Crackerbox Palace stamps.
I am entering this card in the No Digis challenge at Charisma Cardz and Shelly’s Images challenge to “Show us what you got.”


Crackerbox Palace smiles, Karen

4 comments:

BarbaraW said...

This card is so pretty. I love the sponged sky.

Renate said...

Beautiuful card.
Thanks for joining us at Charisma this week. :)

Unknown said...

I love this card Karen. It is so hard to make sympathy cards and this one is wonderful. Thanks so much for joining our challenge at Shelly's Images Blog.
-Shelly
Shelly's Images.com

Min said...

This card is fabulous Karen. I agree with Shelly, so tough to make a sympathy card, but you did a lovely job!
Thanks so much for playin' along with us for the Shelly's Images Challenge.
We hope you'll join us again very soon for another FUN Challenge! Hugs & Happy Days! ~Min
Kaymin Kreations