Friday, April 5, 2013

Simon Says Stamp and Paper Take Weekly Challenges


Happy Birthday is the theme at Simon Says Stamp this week, and at Paper Take Weekly, anything goes. I am sharing a special birthday card I made for my best friend Jane. I had so much  fun playing with my new dress die cuts from Stampin' Up and a new fancy shoe embossing folder from Crafts Too. The card base is a  twisted easel and I embossed the triangular shape on the bottom and raised it with pop dots to hold up the easel top. I die cut the dress frame in kraft and the dress in a sparkly black. I added another layer to the dress, a sparkly red belt and a flower. A jewel necklace was the finishing touch.

Some more views:



Stamping smiles and Happy Birthday to Jane and Simon Says Stamp!  Karen

3 comments:

Melissa Bove said...

Beautiful card! Love that pretty dress and the fab embossing!! So pretty!

Thank you very much for joining us this week at the Simon Says Stamp Challenge Blog!

Hugs...
Melissa

Jane Luxem said...

Thank you again, Karen. Such a beautiful card:)

Lisa said...

Really pretty card Karen! Thank you for joining the challenge at Papertake Weekly :)