Wednesday, August 1, 2012

DCC Challenge at Repeat Impressions



It’s another Designer’s Choice Challenge at The House that Stamps Built, Repeat Impression’s blog. It’s Patti’s turn and she is challenging us to make a card with black and white and one other color. Please visit the blog for all the details and to see the other Rock Star's cards for this DCC challenge. 

For my card, I stamped Repeat Impression’s Curiosity Cat and colored the cat with a black marker. Did you know you can turn a stamp into a silhouette stamp just by doing that? It works best with open less detailed stamps and is a fun technique to try. For my one additional color I chose aqua blue and used patterned paper to paper piece the paper bag and layer the square piece on. I layered three rows of a border punched with a Martha Stewart wavy border punch on a black piece. Then I added a favorite sentiment (from Repeat Impressions, of course) to complete the card.

I am entering this card in the “Use  a Sentiment” challenge at 
Simon Says Stamp and Show challenge.

Stamping smiles, Karen


5 comments:

Linda said...

Karen this is so adorable!

Craft Addicts - Tracy Evans said...

Great card, love how you have created a silhouette with your image. Lovely layout too. Thanks so much for joining in the Simon Says Stamp and Show Challenge. Tracy x

Cheri said...

Karen this is a fantastic card. I love the paper piecing and the way you used the border punch is stunning.

joy said...

Great card, I love the border details and the paper bag piecing is so cute!

DonnaMundinger said...

Too cute! My kitties are always doing that. Love the tip about making a stamp a silhouette. Gotta try that. xxD