Saturday, October 15, 2011

"For the Girls" Challenge at SAS4Kids

It's time for a new challenge at Send a Smile 4 Kids and this time we are challenging you to make and link a card for a girl. We have three generous sponsors you can win prizes from: Cardmadfairy, whose prize is 5 digital stamps of the winner's choice, Cuddly Buddly, whose prize is a 5 pound gift certificate (British money good for about 5 digis too or other choices), and Shelley's Images, whose prize is a $9 gift certificate. You have until November 4th at noon CST to enter this challenge.

We have chosen this theme to draw attention to the type of card we do not receive enough of here at SAS4Kids- cards for our older or teenage girls. Any card for a girl is OK for the challenge, but when designing cards for SAS4Kids, please keep our teenage kids in mind. We were also thrilled to announce this week that SAS4Kids has three new children's hospitals and another address for you to send your cards to. You can read all about it here.



As always, I had so much fun using our sponsor's images and designing my cards. Above is a lovely girl from Cardmadfairy. I made a smaller easel card that will fit into an A2 envelope, so 5 1/2" tall and the base is 4 1/4" square. I paperpieced her coat, hat and boots and colored the rest with my copics. The punched and diecut borders are made using my new Borderabilities from Nestabilities.The light purple border was raised to hold up the easel front.




My next two cards were made with fun digital images from Cuddly Buddly. If you know me or follow my blog, you know I don't really like to color. When I found these awesome images (and many many more) on the Cuddly Buddly site and they were already colored, I wasn't able to resist. I printed a bunch, and designed some CAS holiday and fall cards for my kids using them. If you prefer to color your own, these stamps are available uncolored too. If you are on a crafting budget like me, be sure to check out all the free images available at Cuddly Buddly and also all the very reasonably priced ones too.

Both of the cards above use a gatefold design, but turned in two different ways. I used dp or embossed paper and some punches and baker's twine to complete the cards.

I am entering these cards in the challenges at Fab n Funky for Fall Colors, I Brake for Challenges for Girl Power, and Ruby's Rainbow for Cute and Cuddly.

Stamping smiles, Karen
Posted by Picasa

4 comments:

Ang C said...

Great cards - thankyou for joining us at RRC - hope to see you again soon

Basslady said...

your creations are so wonderful!

they have a great style and really are fun to look at!

thanks so much for playing along with us at Ruby’s Rainbow Challenges!

hugs and kisses from germany,
silvi xoxo

shaz earl said...

Fabulous card, love the cute image thanx for joining in the fun at Ruby's Rainbow, hope to see you again xx

Danni said...

These all turned out so nice!! Fabulous job!